Suze Orman’s New Money Minded Moms Site

by RC on May 30, 2010

Browsing through the morning paper with my coffee this morning, I came across a coupon flyer with an advert for Suze Orman’s new blog type website, called MoneyMindedMoms.

I visited moneymindedmoms.com to check it out, and it has sections on managing debt, feeding your family, and others, as well as financial calculators  for debt, tracking expenses, and calculating interest. It also has video clips from her show on CNBC. It does not have a lot of content as of yet, so time will tell if it is regularly updated like a blog, or is more of a static type website.  And while it’s geared towards moms, obviously, it looks like it has money saving tips useful for anyone- moms, dads, and single people alike.

You can also sign up for her newsletter and get a free download of “5 Simple Ways to Save $500″ when you do. I haven’t downloaded and read it yet, but I plan on doing so to see if there are any useful tips.

Let me know your thoughts if you’ve checked it out.

marcelina otero May 31, 2010 at 8:44 am

Please help me two know how two save money

Bohicarrl June 1, 2010 at 9:26 am

Not sure I have time to check all this out….but “free download” gets me interested because it’s FREE, but there’s always a catch….The catch?….subscribe to the newsletter first….then I suspect you can then learn the 5 steps to saving $500….Wrong?

RC June 1, 2010 at 4:13 pm

Bohicarri- Yeah, there is often a catch when people provide free info . I usually sign up, and if I don’t want the additional emails, I unsubscribe-its usually not too much hassle.
Maybe I’ll do a quick review of her 5 Simple Ways to Save $500 and share my thoughts on it to let you guys know . Thanks for the comment!

aNDY June 1, 2010 at 2:20 pm

a dissapointing website, not what I expected from Suze Orman, perhaps site was launced before it was ready?

RC June 1, 2010 at 4:14 pm

Yeah, it does seem a little thin on the content- not sure if it was intentional or not, but I was expecting a little more as well. We’ll have to see how it goes as time goes by.

carol June 1, 2010 at 7:15 pm

This website was not what I expected at all. The coupons were not done like I thought they would be and I wish I hadn’t been put on the mailing list.

Julie Vazquez November 15, 2010 at 6:32 pm

The new Money Minded Moms website has been completely redone and we just had our soft launch, (with a new coupon area coming soon)

We have daily articles posted by our featured writers (http://www.moneymindedmoms.com/articles/) and a forum (http://www.moneymindedmoms.com/community/) where Suze Orman does video responses to members questions when her time permits.

Feel free to check it out again and email me directly with any comments or questions you may have. Thanks :)

RC November 20, 2010 at 11:58 am

Thanks for the update and info.!